nettletontribe has an extensive history of pro-bono work – believing in the necessity to share expertise to better community’s environments and experiences. Throughout the last decade, various architects from our Sydney studio have contributed their time and knowledge to Dr David Mills’ and Architects Without Frontier’s (AWF) Kompiam Hospital project.
First coming to our attention in mid-2008, Kompiam Hospital was initially intended to be a simple ward building. Now 10 years on, it is a comprehensive facility that services the remote community of Kompiam, facilitating the unity of conflicting tribes and acting as a stabilising force in the district.
Kompiam Hospital Project Progress
- Stages 1 Paediatrics Ward was completed in 2012.
- Stage 2 Maternity Ward was completed in 2015.
- Stage 3 Critical Care was completed in July 2019.
- Stage 4 Dispensary and Outpatient Wing footings were installed in 2019, with steel frames to be delivered in the coming months.
- Stage 5 HIV Ward documentation to begin in 2019.
- Architects Without Frontier